sceS’mores are a great way to explain Ascension Day and show how Jesus will have us rise from a very dark world into the realm of heaven one day.
• Jumbo Hershey bar
• Marshmallows, standard size
• Graham crackers
• Napkins or paper towels
1. Break the Hersey bar into sections of four squares per student.
2. Break the graham crackers into squares
3. Place the chocolate on the graham cracker and a marshmallow on the chocolate.
4. Serve on napkins or paper towels
Note: You can speak while making the snack!
S’mores are a great way to show what happened in the Ascension… and what will happen when we get called into heaven. The chocolate is like the world. It is a darkened place compared to heaven. Heaven is like the marshmallow — pure and good, like earth used to be before the Fall. Jesus made the leap to heaven, having told his disciples in John 14:3, “I go and prepare a place for you… I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
He said that this promise is for all who believe. That includes us. Let’s remember, while
we eat, that Jesus is in the clouds, preparing a place in heaven for us.