This classic Columbus Day paper craft highlighting a Santa Maria ship scene will give kids a chance to hear how God is at the helm in their lives, and to what “new shore” he may take them when they go in search of his will.
– Paper plates
– Crayons and markers
– Construction paper, three colors
– Craft sticks
– Stick glue
1. Color the paper plate blue. Make waves or foam or fish or starfish, etc.
2. Cut out three rectangles to be the boats, using different colored construction paper.
3. Cut out three squares to be the sails.
4. Use stick glue to glue the boats and sails to the craft-stick masts.
5. Fold the paper plate in half.
6. Use stick glue to glue the bottoms of the boats to the fold of the paper plate.
7. On the bottom of the plate in dark marker, write, GOD IS AT THE HELM OF MY LIFE.
You might also be interested in these other awesome Columbus Day ideas!
Looking for more great Bible science experiment ideas? Then be sure to check out our Bible Science area! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter and Come Hangout with Us on Google+!