Your kids will laugh as they put their heads together to try and be the first team to get all members across the finish line in this fun Father’s Day game! They’ll also have a greater appreciation for Dad and the jobs God gave him to do!
- Three soccer balls
Kids will compete in teams to see who will be the fastest at transporting a soccer ball between their foreheads.
It’s Father’s Day, and we are getting ready to celebrate all of the important men in our lives. While we want to grow up and find our independence, we shouldn’t forget where we came from. Our dads are here for us and we should remember that we can always go to them when we have a question or a problem.
- If possible, divide the group into three even teams.
- Have teams form three straight lines and give the first child in each line a soccer ball.
- When you say “Go!” the child with the ball will turn to the person behind them.
- Both children will face each other and hold the soccer ball in place in between their foreheads.
- Tip: for balance, kids may grab onto their partners’ arms.
- They will then make their way to the other side of the room and back without dropping the ball.
- If the ball drops, they will have to start over.
- Once back at their team, they will hand the ball over to the next two children.
- The first team to have all members successfully complete the challenge wins.
Colossians 3:20 says, “Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.” That’s partly because your dad has so much to do that if you add to his difficulty, it makes things more difficult for everyone. His life is a lot like that soccer ball, which needed to be kept off the floor. It’s a tough balancing act to be a dad.
Be grateful, be good, and remember to thank God for fathers all year long.