Church Craft Materials
- Various colors of construction paper, 1 sheet for every 2 children
- Large paper plates, 1 for each child
- Stick glue
The 8 Beatitudes of Jesus’s Sermon on the Mount
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit
2. Blessed are they who mourn
3. Blessed are the meek
4. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness
5. Blessed are the merciful
6. Blessed are the pure of heart
7. Blessed are the peacemakers
8. Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness
Cut the various colored pieces of construction paper in half.
Have eight halves for each child.
Have the children follow these steps:
1. Trace their hand on all eight half-sheets and cut them out.
2. On the plate, write “BLESSED ARE” in the center
3. On the hands write out the eight Beatitudes.
4. Glue the hands facing outward to the paper plate, starting at the ridges or rim, so that the fingers dangle outward over the rim. To get them evenly spaced, first glue one at noon, one at 3:00, one at 6:00, one at 9:00. Fill in the other four evenly in between.
Encourage them to hang the wreath in their rooms where it can help them memorize the Beatitudes!
I always had a hard time teaching my students the Beatitudes–but with this church craft, they’ve learned them so much quicker! Do you think your students will like this craft? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.