Veggies Galore Clock Face: Daylight Savings Activity & Snack
With the coming of spring, we can look forward to God making veggies galore across the northern hemisphere. Here’s a chance to applaud God’s springtime powers in resurrecting vegetation for another bounty in this Daylight Savings themed snack.
- Baby carrots, 15 or 20
- Celery Stalks, 4
- Small Cherry tomatoes, 15 or 20
- Cucumbers, 2
- Squash, 1
- Ranch Dressing
- Raisins, 1 box
- Large round serving dish
- Paper plates for students
- Serving spoon
1. Cut the celery stalks into inch-long pieces
2. Cut cucumbers into ¼” circles, approximately, and the same with the squash
3. On a large round serving plate, start in the center, placing a mound of raisins.
4. Around the raisins, form a small ring form a ring of baby carrots.
5. Around the carrots, form a small ring of cherry tomatoes
6. Around the tomatoes combine cucumbers with squash and make a ring, placing two cucumber circles down for every squash circle
7. Sprinkle the top with Raisins.
8. Line up celery pieces to form straight “hands” of a clock, perhaps making nine o’clock. For the two pieces closest to the outside, you can cut one end in a little “V,” such that they appear to have pointed hands. Remember to make a long minute hand and a short hour hand.
9. Either create zigzag lines of Ranch dressing across the top or put a dab on each child’s plate who wants to dip!
10. Serve your veggie platter onto paper plates, letting students help themselves or decide on their veggie choices while you serve.
For Daylight savings, we “sprang forward” one hour. It’s a sign we’ll get to spring into watching God’s wonderful gardens grow soon, which will be producing plenty of veggies! Let’s thank him and dig in”¦