– 24 large strawberries ( or 3 per child)
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
– 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
– 1 1/2 cups crushed nuts, such as cashews and pistachios
– Lollipop sticks, one for each strawberry
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Combine chocolate morsels with the shortening. Microwave on high for thirty seconds. Stir and repeat twice.
- Place nuts in a shallow dish. Push skewers into strawberries through stem end. Dip in chocolate so that half is covered and half stays red. Allow excess chocolate to drip off. Roll in nuts. Place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes so chocolate can firm up.
- Cover with plastic wrap and hold in place with a pretty Valentine’s Day ribbon.
Your Sunday school students are sure to enjoy this delicious Valentine’s day snack. What other activities and snacks are you planning on making with your kids to celebrate Valentine’s Day?