In today’s blog post, we have a beautiful Sunday school craft based on Psalm 23! Your children will love creating this hanging plate display that reminds them that the Lord IS their shepherd!
Sunday School Craft: “The Lord is My Shepherd” Hanging Plates
Sunday School Craft Materials:
- Paper Plates, 1 for each child
- Crayons, markers
- Hole punch
- String or yarn, 6 inches for each child
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the s]ll waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Sunday School Craft Instructions:
Have students follow these steps:
1. In the flat center of the paper plate, have students create “still waters.” This is done by using a blue crayon to draw a thin blue stream, starting at around 11 o’clock position, and winding down to around the 5 o’clock position. Have them fill in around the stream with flowers, grass, butterflies, birds, etc.
2. Write in the bottom half of the ruffled rim, “He leads me beside the still waters.” ““Psalm 23:2.
3. Around the ruffled rim, color the lines from inward to outward, using all different colors so that it looks like a rainbow.
4. To hang on walls, punch two holes an inch apart at the top.
5. Thread a piece of yard through and tie in a knot. It will hang from a thumbtack at home.
Do you think your kids will love this Sunday school craft? Share your thoughts and comments below! And be sure to check out our other great Sunday school craft ideas! And don’t forget to Like Us On Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter!