This hilarious Bible game will help students learn that starting over isn’t a bad thing — as they will have to start over again and again before getting the knack of carrying a beach ball between them without using their hands. They will also learn that starting over is part of God’s plan, as we often have to “reboot” many times before our dreams come to fruition.
• Two beach balls
Be on the first team to successfully balance the beach ball across the finish line.
Happy New Year! It’s finally time to “reboot” our spirits and bodies. Let’s practice by playing a Bible game!
1. If possible, divide the class into two even teams.
2. Have teams form two straight lines.
3. Give one blown-up beach ball to the first person in each line.
4. When you say “Go!” that student will turn to the person behind him, and they will somehow hold the ball between the two of them. Note: They cannot use their hands. (Examples: Hugging it chest to chest, placing it between their sides, hugging it back to back, etc.).
5. They will then have to get to the other side of the room and back WITHOUT dropping the ball.
6. If the ball gets dropped at any point, they must start over.
7. The first team to have all of its team members complete the task wins.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” That can be hard to believe sometimes, like at the beginning of the New Year when you’re looking ahead to how your year will turn out … and life is feeling a bit like this game we just played!
God wants us to know that although our paths might be difficult at times, starting over is part of his plan! We often have to start over many times before our dreams become reality. Let’s remember that failure is part of success, starting over is part of finishing, and yet God’s will comes to all those who believe!
You might also be interested in these other awesome Bible game and activity ideas!
Looking for more Bible game ideas? Then be sure to check out our Bible Games area! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter!