Any pumpkin-face cake or cupcakes with a smile will work for this lesson and bible snack, but this one is homemade! It’s easy and gives you a chance to reinforce with children that there is always a reason to smile.
- Chocolate cake mix
- Orange icing OR Vanilla icing, plus red and yellow food coloring to make orange
- Color-coated candies, chocolate chips or dark raisins
- Serving plates
- Plastic forks
- Cutting knife
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box and allow the layers to cool.
- Combine the vanilla icing, plus the red and yellow food coloring to create orange icing.
- Ice the cake.
- Add candies, chocolate morsels or dark raisins to create the pumpkin’s eyes, nose, and mouth.
Life can be a lot of things – it can either be sad and scary, or fun and joyful. Our pumpkin is smiling, isn’t he???
Let’s use this holiday to remember that no matter how dark life gets, God will work everything for our good (Romans 8:28) and give us all reasons to smile — if we look for them!