All kids can whip up a card on Mothers Day. But just a little bit of effort can show Mom that she is truly “Queen for a day” by giving her the royal treatment when you create these decorated cupcakes.
– Yellow construction paper
– Can of white frosting
– Pink food color to color frosting
– White whipped cream
– Glass plate or clear plastic plate
– Plain store-bought cupcakes, 1 for each student; 1 for each Mom
Moms work hard all year long caring for their children. They cook and clean, help with homework, chauffeur kids to various activities, wash clothes, take care of the scrapes and cuts that all kid’s manage to get on any given day, sooth emotional wounds, attend dance class recitals, cheer leading exhibitions, gymnastics events, girl and/or boy scout meetings, school plays and parent/teacher conferences. They often have to shuffle between work and child care. One day a year, it’s Mom’s turn to be pampered. Although we love her all year, today she is Queen for a Day.
1. To make the crown use yellow construction paper. Measure the size of the cupcake and then cut strip of yellow construction paper that will find on top of the cupcake.
2. Use scissors to cut out the shape of the crown as per the template below.
3. Glue both ends of the crown and decorate with dots of marker color.
4. Use pink food coloring to color icing, and then cover the cupcakes with icing.
5. Dab the top of the cupcake with whipped cream.
6. Place the crown into the whipped cream as shown in picture.
7. Place on a glass plate. If glass plate is not available, use a plastic plate.
Note: Let the children decorate their own cupcakes with the whip cream and eat them in class.
You might also be interested in these Mothers Day craft & gift ideas!
Looking for more Mothers Day ideas for your kids? Then don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter and Come Hangout with Us on Google+!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild