“The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their grey hair.” ~ Proverbs 20:29
This fun picture frame craft based on Proverbs 20:29 will strengthen the Christian bond between the generations. If you have a photo printer, you can take pictures of your children to put in the frames or print one of your old favorites. If not, you can have kids “frame” their relationship with their grandparents with just a little bit of drawing!
Proverbs 20:29 Popsicle Picture Frame
– Craft sticks or Popsicle sticks
– Poster board
– Glue (Hot Glue will work best but white glue can be used for children)
– Paint or Markers
– Magnet or string
– For Decorations: buttons, sequins, felt, sequins, craft shells, etc. (as desired.)
Proverbs 20:29 says, “The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their grey hair.” This means that as one gets older, wisdom has been acquired simply by living. As one grows older one gradually learns how to survive and how to cope with the good and bad.
Do not look to grandparents just for the presents they give you or the treats they make for you. Learn to respect them for their wisdom. Learn to listen to them.
So, let’s do a craft for grandparents that they will love!
– Glue four sticks for the front of the frame as shown. These are the four sticks that will go on top of your picture. You can also paint the sticks if you want to add a splash of color!
– Glue four stick together just like you did for the front, but this time line the middle with 10 sticks. This will be the base that will hold the picture. You could paint these sticks in alternating colors if you wanted. Get creative!
– Cut your photo to fit within the top frame window size and glue the photo to the base, and then place the top frame over the photo and attach to the base.
– Paste colorful buttons, sequins, or craft shells around the edges of the frame.
– On the top and bottom of the frame, write something such as: “Grandparents are wise” or “Proverbs 20:29″ or “I love you Grandma and Grandpa.”
– If using string to hold the picture frame, glue string to back of the picture to hang picture on a wall. If using refrigerator magnet, glue the magnet to back of the picture.
When God planted a garden in Eden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the middle of the garden (Gen 2:8″“9). One symbolized sin – that which was forbidden and brings death. The other symbolized the cross – that which brings forgiveness and life. Wisdom rests primarily in those who have lived the most days. Grandparents have the wisdom to choose the tree of the cross. Therefore, honoring, respecting and learning from grandparents is a God given opportunity to grow in spirit and mind.
(Picture Frame Photo Source: craftysticks.com)