This three-leaf clover will give kids an opportunity to explain the concept of the Trinity on St. Patrick’s Day, using the three leaves to symbolize the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It involves dipping pretzels in warm, melted morsels, so it’s probably best to demonstrate or make at home, but kids will love the taste, the concept, and their better understanding of God.
Shamrock Pretzels (St. Patrick’s Day Snack)
Materials (per child)
– Four average sized pretzels
– White chocolate chips
– Green Sugar Sprinkles
– Green food color
– Waxed paper
– Paper plate
1. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave using instructions that may be on the packaging. If there are none, keep checking. Do not overheat! You just want it to be melted and steamy – not bubbling.
2. Dip pretzels into the melted chocolate using tongs or a fork. Place them onto the waxed paper when finished.
3. Form the shamrocks immediately, as the chocolate will begin to harden around it. Use three dipped pretzels, plus a piece from the fourth pretzel to make a stem.
4. Sprinkle the sugar on top of the shamrock pretzels and allow to harden. Then serve and enjoy!
The Trinity is a really hard concept to understand that seems almost like a contradiction. The Trinity contains the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are all distinct beings. Yet we say there is only one God. How can that be? It’s a lot like this clover. It was made using three distinct pretzels. But now, it is ONE clover.
It is yummy, so eat and enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Snack!
You might also be interested in these other fun St. Patrick’s Day snack & activity ideas!
Looking for more great St. Patrick’s Day Snack ideas? Then be sure to check out our Bible Snacks area! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter and Come Hangout with Us on Google+!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild