Jesus wanted us all to build our houses on the Rock. That means we should believe in Him for the good things in life instead of believing in the power of money or the power of important people. HE is our house on the rock, so let’s eat these in honor of Him! This Bible snack will help children understand this important message!
Popcorn Ball Rock & House Bible Snack
PARABLE: HOUSE ON THE ROCK
SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 7:24
Bible Snack Ingredients:
– 14 Marshmallows
– 14 candy kisses
– Vanilla or chocolate icing, one readymade container
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 1/3 cups water
– 1/2 cup corn syrup
– 1 teaspoon vinegar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 18 cups popped corn
Bible Snack Instructions:
Make popcorn balls as following. This should take approximately 20 minutes. If you don’t have time, you can use store bought rice cakes instead of the popcorn balls:
- Microwave enough popcorn to make 18 cups of popped corn, either 2 or 3 bags, depending on their size and how they pop.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, syrup, vinegar, and salt. Cook over high heat until mixture bubbles, then stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popped corn, tossing gently until the mixture is even.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, press popcorn into 3-inch balls with lightly greased hands.
- The popcorn balls make the “rock.” One marshmallow with a candy kiss for a roof will make the “house.” Drive a toothpick into the marshmallow and drive the sharp end into the popcorn ball until the marshmallow sits on top of it. Coat the top of a marshmallow with icing. Unwrap the candy kiss and put it atop the house, using the icing as a glue.
- Cool completely on waxed paper. Put all on serving platter.
Bible Snack Service:
Stove and saucepan for heating popcorn ball mixture
Spoon for stirring
Paper towels for serving.
Are you looking forward to sharing this Bible snack with your children? Be sure to share your thoughts and comments on this Bible snack below! And don’t forget to join us on Facebook, where I will be posting more great Bible snack and Sunday school activity ideas!