Are you looking for a special Father’s Day Craft to share your heart with Dad? These sunflowers with scriptures and words of love written on them will help Dad feel blessed and deeply loved on Father’s Day!
Love N Scripture Sunflower Father’s Day Craft
– 9″ paper plates, 1 for each child
– yellow construction paper
– Brown paint
– Black marker
– Stick glue
– Paint the center circle of the plate with brown paint.
– Fold yellow construction paper into three equal parts.
– With paper still folded, draw a petal onto the paper (see image).
– Cut out the petal through all three layers so you have three petals. Repeat this until you have ten petals.
– Have kids write on the first petal: Things I love about Dad
– On each of 7 petals have them write something they like about Dad.
– On the 9th petal have them write the scripture Proverbs 23:24: “the father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, and he who begets wise son will be glad in him.”
– On the 10th Petal write Exodus 20:12: “”Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you..”
– Lay the first petal on the top of the plate (at the high noon position), lining up the base of the petal with the brown center circle on the plate. Lay the two scripture petals at the nine o’clock and three o’clock positions. Fill in around with the other seven petals, moving them a bit so that all ten fit evenly around the flower.
– Glue the petals down.
Why are we doing a flower for dad? Aren’t flowers mainly for moms?? These days, anything goes, and many dads love flowers. Dad’s are a little bit like flowers. Their lives bloom bigger and brighter with each way we can think of that we love them. Let’s be especially loving toward dad on Father’s Day. It is a great way to remind him of how much God loves him”¦and it will help his heart bloom with love for God and his family!