Lion Lamb Bible Snack: Lion Lamb Oatmeal Cookies with Icing
Kids love to “create” lions and lambs, and this Bible snack gives them a chance! Using icing, they can make their lion and lamb cookies look entirely different – but they taste the same! It will show them how Jesus, the lion and lamb, is essentially the same on the inside.
- Homemade or store bought oatmeal cookies, large
- White icing in writing tubes (easily found in the supermarket baking aisle) – enoughfor 2 or 3 children to share one.
– Prepare one lion and one lamb cookie so the students have something to copy.
– Make your lamb cookie by creating lots of loopy hair with the icing writing tube.
– Make your lion cookie with lots of straight lines going out for his mane and whiskers.
– Draw on eyes and a smile.
1. Pass out cookies and writing tubes.
2. Have students copy your designs for lion and lamb cookies.
3. Talk to them as they create, using the discussion below.
In John 1:29, John the Baptist refers to Jesus as “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.” In Revelation 5:5, Jesus is referred to as the “Lion of Judah.” How is it the same person can be both lion and lamb? Do you know anyone like that? Who is both pretty strong and tough, and at the same time, really nice and loving? They may or may not think of someone, most likely a parent.
Jesus is both lion and lamb. I’ll show you something interesting. (Wait until they are done creating)
Take one bite out of your lion cookie and one bite out of your lamb cookie. Let them do this. Do they taste the same, pretty much? They should, because they have the same ingredients and the same icing on top. They’re a little like Jesus. He can be tough on those who want to hurt others or he can be very sweet and loving to those who try to follow his ways.