The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.
In this cute Bible craft, we are making a lion and a lamb out of paper plates to show the two different sides of Jesus.
“The Lion and the Lamb” Bible Craft & The 2 sides of Jesus
Note: If you can’t match these colors, just use what is available, including brown paper bags!
– 2 paper plates per child
– 1 piece of yellow construction paper cut into strips
– 1 piece of white construction paper cut into strips
– 1 (6Ã—6 inch) square of brown construction paper per child
– 1 (6Ã—6 inch) square of black construction paper per child
– 1 scrap piece of yellow construction paper per child
– 1 scrap piece of white construction paper per child
– 1 scrap piece of pink construction paper per child
– 1 Pencil, marker or crayon per child
– Crayons (black, blue, white)
– Popsicle Sticks
Instructions for the Lion
1. Draw a brown heart on brown construction paper and cut it out.
2. Cut out yellow circles for the eyes.
3. Glue and draw facial features as shown in picture.
4. Cut strips of yellow construction paper for the mane. You can curl the strips of paper by drawing the paper over one blade of scissors. (Parents can do this if children are too young for this step).
5. Glue face to paper plate
6. Glue a popsicle stick to the back of plate to use as a handle.
Instructions for the Lamb
1. Do the same as above except use white paper and create the eyes and nose to be different from the lion’s.
You might also be interested in these other Lion and Lamb Bible craft and activity ideas!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild