In this [tag]Sunday school[/tag] lesson, we learn that if we step out in faith and do something, even if we’re not really smart or really big or really strong, we can count on the fact that God protects people who show courage. These [tag]kids Sunday school crafts[/tag] help you to teach the lesson to your younger Sunday school students.
Sunday School Crafts Series: “Moses in the Basket”
When [tag]Moses[/tag] was just a few months old Moses’ mother had a scary choice. If she did nothing, her son Moses would be killed by bad men. If she did something, it was risky and he still might die. But something was better than nothing.
Make the Baby Moses in the Basket in the Reeds
Give each child these items:
– Blue construction paper, one sheet for each student
– Green construction paper cut into strips: 11.5 x 2.5, one strip for each student
– Two cotton balls for each student
– Brown construction paper, cut into half circles, about 4″ wide at the radius
– Glue Sticks
Each student should do the following:
– Make deep cuts into the green strip, maybe four per inch, so that the standing pieces look like blades of grass.
– Paste or glue the strip across the bottom of the blue construction paper.
– Paste the two cotton balls together behind the reeds so that part of the cotton cluster is sticking up.
– Draw lines on the brown half-circle of construction paper, so that it looks like a basket.
– Paste the basket around the cotton balls and under it so that the cotton balls stick out the top.
– Draw on the sun, some flowers, and the words MOSES GOT AWAY!
For more great Sunday school crafts and ideas, be sure to Become a Fan on Facebook!