Keep It Straight: A Lion/Lamb Bible Game
As we begin the month of March, we are reminded of the old saying “In like a Lion, out like a Lamb…”. This Bible game will help students understand God’s patience with us when we experience the good times and when we experience bad times too.
Students will try to keep their “Lion” faces on as they face their partner.
The weather in March is very unpredictable. It’s like our lives sometimes. Life can be rough and scary like a lion, or it can be calm and sweet like a lamb. God wants us to see that He is with us through the good times and the bad. He is always guiding us and helping us get through our challenging “Lion” patch and into unruffled our “Lamb” patch. Today, we’re going to test our own patience by playing a Bible game!
1. Have children pick a partner.
2. Then have them stand across from their partner.
3. Have each pair directly next to another pair, forming two straight lines.
4. When you say “Go in like a lion!” students will have to stare at their partners while keeping a straight face.
5. They may not smile, wink, talk, or show any sign of emotion.
6. They must keep their “rough and tough lion faces” on.
7. If someone starts to smile or laugh, they must sit down and they are out of the game.
8. After a minute or so, have students stop and pick a new partner. (If class is uneven, play yourself or have one student sit out for that round.)
9. Repeat steps 4-8 until there is only one student left, that student will be the winner.
Using our patience will feel so much better than pride in the end. So next time you’re going through a rough patch, remember God’s watching over you and guiding you through your “lion” patches with His patience, understanding, and love. In the end, we’ll be much better lambs!