We are who we are as Christians because Jesus is the great I AM. In this Bible craft, we are creating beautiful “I AM” Statement Crowns to feel the greatness and love of Jesus as we wear our crowns proudly!
Jesus “I AM” Statements Crowns Bible Craft
ï‚§ Paper plate
ï‚§ Colorful construction paper
ï‚§ Index card or piece of card stock (optional)
Seven “I Am” Statements of Jesus
John 6:35, 6:48…..I AM the bread of life.
John 8:12, 9:5…..I AM the light of the world.
John 10:7…..I AM the door.
John 10:11″14…..I AM the good shepherd.
John 11:25…..I AM the resurrec]on and the life.
John 14:6…..I AM the way, the truth and the life.
John 15:5…..I AM the true vine.
1. Mark on each student’s paper plate 4 lines that intersect in the very center, such that it looks like an 8-point star.
2. Write clearly on a piece of paper the seven I AM statements of Christ. You can include the verse if you want students to copy it as well or just the I AM statement.
3. Using a piece of construction paper or card stock, create a diamond-shaped template 3-4 inches high.
1. Have students fold the plate along one of the black lines and cut perpendicularly, so that they are cutting the perpendicular black line.
2. If they repeat this 3 times on the other 3 lines, they will have cut along all 4 of the black lines.
3. The cuts will have created 8 little triangles. Have them bend the triangles upward.
4. Using the template or templates, have students trace 8 diamonds in various colored construction paper
5. Using a marker pen, on the first diamond, students should write I AM.
6. On the remaining 7 stars, they should write one of the I AM statements of Christ on each.
7. Using stick glue, have them attach 1 star to each point on the paper plate crown.
8. Wear the crown proudly!