This Bible game will help children learn about thanking veterans. They will begin to understand how important it is to remember a kindness someone does for them, and they will learn about lending their own helping hands.
Children will work as a team to help one teammate stay standing.
Memorial Day is a day we take the an extra opportunity to remember all of those who have served in the armed forces. It’s when we thank those people for their service and for protecting and helping our country.
Because we live in such a safe country, we often forget what goes on in the world around us. We aren’t in such a dangerous environment that many men and women in the armed forces see. They keep us safe and we don’t always remember that. Today we are going to see how we can remember to help these people by playing a Bible game!
1. Have children stand in a tight circle.
2. Choose one child to stand in the middle of the circle and have him cross his arms over his chest and keep his feet tightly together.
3. The children will raise both of their arms and outstretch their hands toward the standing child.
4. When you say “Go!” the child in the middle will lean into his classmates’ outstretched hands, as if he is falling, but they will catch him.
5. The children will pass the leaning one around the circle, keeping him upright the entire time.
6. If the child falls, then the round is over.
7. Let all children have a turn to be the person in the middle.
John 15:13 says, “Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” We rely on our troops to keep us safe, and soldiers have always been willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us. We need to support them, just like we supported the person in the middle in this Bible game.
You might also be interested in these Bible game ideas!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild, The Twinkle Diaries