Children can use this as a Valentine to give away, or you can pretend it is from God to them. They’ll learn a very important Bible verse about love and forgiveness while making the easy 3-D Valentine.
- Pink and red construction paper
- Heart stencil
- You can cut out the hearts to save time. Cut out four hearts for each student, 2 pink and 2 red.
- Cut the ribbon in lengths of 9 inches, one piece of reach student.
- Have students fold their four hearts in half width wise.
- Show them how to back half a pink one to half a red one, and continue around until all four hearts are touching, creating a heart that has four parts and eight sides.
- Have them glue the hearts’ backs together, being sure the edges are together for a clean look. Between the 1st and 2ndside, and also the 7th and 8th side, they should glue in the two ends of ribbon so that it forms a loop and the heart can be hung up.
- Starting with any half heart on the left, they should write these eight lines on each half heart to succeed the next:
Peter asked, “Lord, how often
shall my brother sin against me
and I forgive him?
Up to seven times?”
Jesus said to him,
“I do not say to you, up to seven times,
but up to seventy times seven…”
Show Christ’s Love on Valentine’s Day!