Image by easypreschoolcraft.blogspot.com
Many young kids have a lot of trepidation about that first day of the new school year. You can excite them by showing them the opportunities to grow bigger, stronger, older. This easy-to-make plant pot can demonstrate what it takes to grow bigger and stronger.
Clothes Pin Container of Flowers – A Back To School Kids Craft
– Small food can. Empty tuna, cat food, or small corn cans are the right size
– Snap on clothes pins
– Potting soil
– Packet of seeds or a bulb that will bloom the following spring
– Artificial flowers
– Construction paper in color of choice
– Small candle, if desired
We don’t always see the results of our actions right away. When we plant seeds or bulbs we have to wait until they grow. This means that we have to be patient. In the meantime, we will “plant” some artificial flowers and decorations until the real ones grow. It takes patience, but in the end you will have something beautiful. Galatians 6:9 says, “Let us not grow wearing of doing good, for in due seasons we will reap, if we do not give up.”
1. Wash and dry the can you will be using.
2. Fill with potting soil.
3. Plant seeds or one bulb in each can.
4. Attach spring clothespins all around the can.
5. If you are making a candle holder, place it unlit candle into the can.
6. For potted plants, place artificial flowers into the dirt. Not too many, as we don’t want to impede the growth of new plants.
7. Draw and cut out hearts or other shapes to decorate the edges of the potted plant.
This craft is all about being patient. Today, with all of our electronic gadgets many of us have grown to expect to instantly get the things we ask for from God. But there are many words about patience in the bible. One of them is found in James 5:7-8: “Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.”
We have to be patient for seeds to grow into plants and plants to grow into bigger plants or trees or bushes, don’t we? Let’s remember to be patient when we ask God for something. He will fulfill our needs in his own good time.
Be sure to check out all of our other great kids craft ideas and activities! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter and Come Hangout with Us on Google+!