Moon Day Bible Craft: Make a Moon Day Collage
Moon Day is a great opportunity for kids to see God’s greatness by examining the heavenlies. Like the beautiful life found in the depths of the sea, the moon, stars, and galaxies proclaim God’s love for detail and for perfection in His Creation, even when it’s so deep down or so far up that no one can fully appreciate it. This easy collage Bible craft will get the point across.
Bible Craft Materials
– Sheet of poster board, one for each child
– Pictures of stars, moons, astronauts, and other moon related objects
– Construction paper
– Colored markers or crayons
Teacher preparation for Bible craft
Print out a bunch of space-related pictures: Astronauts, moon, stars, airplanes, etc. If you have any books or magazines containing these, and you’re not using them anymore, you can cut them up for this project.
Bible Craft Introduction
On the 40th anniversary of the moon landing, we will be hearing a lot about that “giant leap for mankind”, calling it the greatest achievement the world has ever known. However, the earth and moon are just a tiny part of God’s creation. Let’s create a display of God’s glorious work in the skies to remind us of what at amazing artist – and scientist – He is.
Bible Craft Instructions
1. Cut poster board into approximately 12″ squares.
2. Use scissors to cut out star and moon shapes from various colors of construction paper.
3. Paste the pictures from magazines and the shapes made in class on the poster board, leaving a 2-inch space at the top.
4. The placement of these pictures and cut-outs is up to the imagination of each child. They do not represent the real placement of stars and moons, but create an impression of the sky and space.
5. In the two-inch space at the top have students write: MOON DAY 2012: HE DETERMINES THE NUMBER OF THE STARS AND CALLS THEM EACH BY NAME”¦ PSALM 147:4.
Isaiah 40:26 says, “Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.” If God can create the heavens”¦if God can keep men safe as they explore our moon”¦surely we can trust him to keep us safe when we call on him! Let’s remember to look at our collages this week and remember how smart, strong and beautiful God is.
For more fun Bible craft and activity suggestions, be sure to check out my Bible Activities for Kids series! And be sure to Become a Fan on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter, where I share more great Bible craft ideas!