This back to school game will help children realize that starting something new is a good thing, and when they start something new, they should go at it with all they’ve got to give!
• Two pool noodles
• Four little racecars
To have the race car that goes the farthest and be the team to collect the most points.
Cut the pool noodles in half.
After the long and relaxing summer we’ve all had, going back to school might seem like the worst thing to happen. But it’s actually a good thing. We should be raring to go back to school! Raring to go like the racecars in our game!
1. If possible, split the class into four equal groups.
2. Give the first student in each line half of a pool noodle and a racecar.
3. While holding the top of the pool noodle, have each student align the noodle with their bodies at the same time leaving some of the noodle parallel with the ground.
4. The noodle should be in a curved “L” shape.
5. When you say “Go!” students will place their racecars at the top of their noodles and let go.
6. The racecar will race down the center of the noodle and onto the floor.
7. Whoever’s racecar goes the farthest gets two points for their team. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the game wins.
The Bible says “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. (Colossians 3:23)” The racecars in our game speed around the track or down the noodle and don’t let up until they’ve finished what they were meant to do. That’s how we should approach the start of a new school year.
It may seem hard to leave the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, but if we approach the beginning of school with the same attitude of the beginning of summer, we will thrive and succeed in all that we do.