This fun balloon Bible game will help students appreciate the sunshine that comes with spring, but the rainy days come first. They’ll learn that getting important things in life generally takes patience – and without the bad days, we would not know what the good days are.
April Showers Bible Game: Balloon Shower Stack
Students will compete in teams to see which team can build the tallest balloon structure.
After a long, dark, cold winter we are really happy to see the sunshine and warmth that spring brings. But because April showers often bring May flowers, sometimes that sun is interrupted by dark and rainy days this month. This might put a damper on our happy outlook that spring brings, but God wants us to look at this with smiles on our faces. Rain is what brings us the beautiful spring atmosphere we love so much. Let’s practice our spring outlook by playing this fun Bible game!
1. If possible, divide the class into teams of four.
2. From each team, have two students designate themselves to blowing up balloons and two to stacking them.
3. When you say “Go!” students will begin to blow up the balloons.
4. Once they blow it up, they will toss it to their partners who are the stackers.
5. Students MUST toss the balloons. They may not pass or hand them to the stackers.
6. The stackers will begin to form a balloon structure with the blown-up balloons and tape.
7. The class has two minutes to build the tallest structure they can.
8. The team with the tallest balloon structure wins.
That was hard and annoying work, stacking those balloons, wasn’t it? It’s a lot like those times in life that seems like all work and no play, or all waiting and no payoff! Life is full of those times.
But Song of Songs 2:11-12 says, “See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.”
The flowers, the green grass, the chirping birds, they all come with the rain.
Let’s use the showers of April to remind us that dark times prepare us for good times. They give us patience, greater faith, and in the end”¦total gratitude!
You might also be interested in these other Bible game activities!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild