And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
(Bunting image source: thegreengables.co.uk)
In this beautiful Valentines Craft, children create a banner of hearts as they learn about 1 Corinthians 13, the “Description of Love”. Each hear on the banner represents 1 of the 16 characteristics of love listed in 1 Corinthians 3-8.
1 Corinthians 13 “Love Is” Banner & Valentines Craft
- Red and Pink construction or scrapbooking paper
- Red, Pink and White Ribbon or String
- Hole Punch
1 Corinthians 13
Description of Love
Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self”seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
Love never fails.
1. Create a heart template, about 4″ wide x 4″ high. To save time, you can either trace, or trace and cut out a lot of hearts on the red construction paper. Each child will need 16.
2. Create a second heart template, maybe 6″ wide x 6″ high.
3. Create a list of the 16 characteristics of love listed in 1 Corinthians 3-8 so that children can copy it. It should be short descriptions such as the following:
3. not jealous
4. doesn’t boast
5. isn’t proud
6. won’t dishonor others
7. isn’t self-seeking
8. isn’t easily angered
9. doesn’t nurse grudges
10. does not delight in evil
11. rejoices with the truth
16. Love never fails
1. Trace 16 hearts using the smaller stencil and cut them out. Punch 1 hole in each corner of the heart the string the ribbon through.
2. Write one of the descriptions of love on each heart.
3. Trace the bigger heart just once and cut it out.
4. Write on it 1 Corinthians 3:13
5. Begin by stringing 3 smaller hearts, and then string the big heart after the THIRD little heart, starting from the left. Continue on and string the remaining 13 little hearts.
You might also be interested in these other awesome Valentines Craft and activity ideas!
Linking up at: savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, The Charm of Home, Vintage Chic, Fine Craft Guild