These pop-up cards provide the gift of “chores,” which every mom loves on Mother’s Day, and they help reinforce a lesson about God’s love being like Mom’s love.
Mothers’ Day Chore Pop-Up Cards
Make templates of tulips and round-petal flowers, about two square inches, from any kind of cardboard.
– Construction paper in different colors
– Stick glue
– Card paper
– Pens or crayons
1. Using a template, draw two or three flowers, each on a different colored construction paper.
4. Glue one end of each stem to the backs of each flower.
5. Using green construction paper, make leaves for flowers. On each leaf write one chore you will do for your mother without being asked, such as “put away laundry,” “take out garbage,” etc.
6. Paste the leaves onto the stems so that the writing shows.
8. Paste the flowers inside the card, pasting down just the leaves and the base of the stem.
10. On the front of the card write “God’s love is like Mom’s love.” Decorate the front of the card any way you wish.
11. Inside write, “Here is some thanks, Mom, for showing me God’s love!”
Unlike God, moms aren’t perfect. However, very few people in life love you as much as your mom, and in many cases, only God loves you more! Next time your mom is being really loving, think of God. Because that’s how he feels about you too!
And don’t forget to show your love by doing those chores for Mom!
Will you be trying this Mother’s Day craft with your children or students? Let me know how they like it! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, where I will share more great Bible craft ideas and Sunday school activities!
Linking up at: A Mama’s Story, What Joy Is Mine, Nourishing Joy, savvysouthernstyle.net, wholeheartedhome.com, flusterbuster.com, thelifeofjenniferdawn.com, thenewlywedpilgrimage.com, w2wministries.org, theturquoisehome.com, jannolson.blogspot.com, serenitynowblog.com, shabbynest.blogspot.com, simplelifemom.com, chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, madefrompinterest.net, flamingotoes.com, The Sunday Showcase, lifeonlakeshoredrive.com, Create With Joy, A Blossoming Life, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, homestoriesatoz.com, Coastal Charm, The Scoop, A Stroll Through Life, Between Naps on the Porch, Fine Craft Guild