As you teach the Sunday school lesson on the wisdom of Solomon, you can use this Sunday school craft idea with your class. Solomon, King David’s son, is known as the one of the wisest men in the world.
Sunday School Craft – Solomon & Wisdom Crowns
Explain to your students that someday they will be coming into adulthood like Solomon. If they ask God for wisdom, the book of James says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
Crowns of Wisdom
Tell your students that they are going to make crowns of wisdom, so they can remember to pray for the wisdom of God as they grow.
• Give each child a piece of card stock cut in half lengthwise.
• Have them create a jagged edge on one of the longer sides with scissors.
• Have them line up their pieces of card stock side by side with the straight edge closest to them.
Staple the two sheets together in the center with about an inch of overlay.
• Depending on their ages, they or you, can write on the crown, KING SOLOMON’S WISDOM CROWN.
• Have them decorate their crown with whatever you have: Crayons, markers, craft store jewels, buttons, glitter, glitter glue, various colored hole punches, paper scraps.
• When they are finished decorating, fit the crown to each child’s head and staple the ends together so it makes the circle of a crown.